Save Thousands of Dollars With The #1 Galt Solar Company
Great company. They gave us a quote for solar installation lower than others we received. Within a few days they were installing the panels. and took less than two days to complete. Their staff was there every step of the way from pulling permits, installation, and making sure both the City and PG&E signed off. I would recommend them to anyone who needs roofing, solar, or gutters installed. Thanks Citadel!!
So far, so good. I have had the solar installed for a couple of months now. I will wait for a whole year to pass by before I can make a true judgement on if it is saving me money or not. Right now in these hot summer months, I have to say yes, it is saving me money. Citadel did a great job on my installation. They were prompt, clean and had me up and running in a couple of days. The experience has been a positive one.
Galt is a city that is located in Sacramento County, California, USA. The city is part of the Greater Sacramento – Arcade – Arden – Roseville Metropolitan Area. As of the 2010 census, there are over 23,700 residents that live in Galt. The city is bordered by Sacramento and San Joaquin Counties – and is known for its primarily residential areas. The history of Galt dates back to 1869 – where it was named after the former city of Galt in Canada. The latter is now part of Cambridge, which is the hometown of John McFarland. If you are planning to visit or resettle in Galt, the following information is just for you.
Galt Community and Media
The Galt Herald was founded in 1909 and is still in circulation today. This weekly community newspaper is owned and operated by Herburger Publications, Inc. The Herburgers launched the newspaper in 1959, which mainly covers local, regional, domestic and international news. The city is also home to many civic groups and clubs, including The Galt Area Historical Society. This active group has over 500 members, and does a lot of great things and activities for the community residents and visitors. There is also the Performing Animal Welfare Society – where retired, abandoned, or abused performing animals – and victims of the exotic animal trade – can retire in peace and comfort.
Points of Interest
The Galt Lions Club is part of the Lions International Group. They specialize in helping visually impaired residents improve their vision. Club meetings take place on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month at Papa’s Pizzeria. Galt it is also home to the famous Galt Market, which features numerous vendors, kiosks, brands, and products. From clothing and electronics to toys and household items, you can find anything and everything you need at this local flea market. Other points of interest in and around Galt include:
• Cosumnes River – this is one of the most beautiful rivers in California. With breathtaking scenery and immaculate landscapes, the river is home to several nautical activities. This includes fishing, boating, rowing and even tubing. The area is protected by the Cosumnes River Preserve, and is a haven for nature lovers and enthusiasts. With a few walking and biking paths, the river-bed area is also great for bird watching and other outdoor activities and events.
• Winter Bird Festival – this is an annual winter festival that brings together all families, friends, and visitors. The Winter Bird Festival is designed to appreciate the many bird species that flock to the city – and have created their own habitats and niches. Folks enjoy bird watching, while getting to know and meet their neighbors and friends.
There is also the famous Brewster House, along with the National Register of Historic Place. The Galt Arno Cemetery is also located in the City of Galt.
Galt has had several notable residents and guests over the years. With its warm but comfortable climate, so many people have come and gone through Galt over the years. This includes:
• LeVar Burton – the famous actor entered St. Pius x seminary in Galt at the age of thirteen. While he wanted to become a priest, Burton moved on to an incredible acting career that spanned several decades. Most known for his role as Kunta Kinte in “Roots”, Burton has won a slate of action awards over the years – and is very active in community affairs and events.
• Ryan Mattheus – famous baseball pitcher for the Washington Nationals and Cincinnati Reds of Major League Baseball.
• Stephanie Brown Tafton – gold medalist in the discus throw at the Summer Olympics 2008.
Restaurants in Galt
There are several restaurants and eateries in Galt for your convenience. From Italian and Chinese to continental, the area is blanketed by a myriad of exquisite restaurants and cafes for all residents and visitors. Some of the top eateries in the Greater Galt area include:
T2 Yan Chinese Cuisine
This 4-star Chinese restaurant features the best in Mandarin and Cantonese cuisine. With daily specials and take out, residents continue to herald the restaurant for its mouth-watering entrees and dishes. This includes pork fried rice, along with beef, chicken and vegetable rice platters. There are also scrumptious crab cakes and appetizers, along with a full menu of beef, chicken, and fish specialties. With casual attire, this popular local restaurant is situated within a quiet and serene area. With warm décor and a truly inviting staff – T2 is perfect for family dinners, corporate lunches, brunches, or even a quick bite.
Brewster’s Bar & Grill
Brewster’s Bar & Grill is a must when visiting or relocating to Galt. With delicious domestic and international coffee blends, this unique grill is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Takeout and delivery is also offered, along with full bar and tasty cocktails. From burgers and steak to fried fish and roasted chicken, Brewster’s features the best in California and American cuisine. This includes mouth-watering desserts and pies, along with ice cream treats for the kids. With live music and dancing, enjoy a great night with friends and loved ones inside this casual 19th century building. Brewster’s in Galt is the perfect venue for sports events, birthday parties, anniversaries, corporate functions, and much more. Make sure to sample their incredible selection of wines from the Napa Valley and all over California.
Velvet Grill & Creamery
The Velvet Grill is one of the top restaurants in Galt. With casual décor and comfortable seating, this eatery specializes in American cuisine. In fact, the restaurant continues to receive stellar industry ratings and review. Some of its top dishes, entrees and platters include:
• Meatloaf and gravy with mashed potatoes.
• Scrumptious crab sandwiches and delicious seafood.
• Mouth-watering cheeseburgers, chili cheese dogs, and French fries.
• Onion rings, cheese sticks, and a wide array of appetizers and desserts.
• Fully loaded bar with all your favorite beverages.
• Tantalizing ice cream desserts, pies and cakes.
Whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, the Velvet Grill is known for its delicious assortment of appetizers and dishes. It’s also one of the few places in Galt that stays open extended hours.
Zacetecas Mexican Restaurant
Zacetecas Mexican Restaurant has everything from chicken and pollo to mouth-watering enchiladas. Whether for lunch or dinner, this superb Mexican restaurant is loved by many residents and guests in Galt. With delicious taco chips and cheese, the venue is perfect for watching all sporting events with cold beverages. They also specialize in delicious chicken and beef fajita platters, along with tacos, chalupa, carne asada, and so many great Mexican dishes and appetizers. With casual dining and comfortable décor, this is one place you did not want to miss when dining in Galt.
Shopping in Galt
There are several shopping venues located in and around Galt. This includes the Wal-mart Supercenter, Dollar Tree, Save Mart Supermarkets, Raley’s and the famous Galt Flea Market. From groceries to the latest and fashionable attire, you can find anything you need in Galt. Most stores are in walking distance – or if driving –there is plenty of parking available. As a great place to live and raise a family in, Galt continues to attract residents and families from all over California.